Having spent the last hour emptying my reader of blogs I must read. I wonder if I should in fact try to blog myself before I meander around the blogging world.
It takes me a while to decide to add another blog to my reader. Will it upset the balance, the harmony I ask myself. Generally I have to start at the beginning and absorb a blog thats new to me in its entirety before hitting the follow button.
Often I open my blog and have absolutely not a thought in my head as to what I am about to write. So reading other blogs & subseqeunt colloquy in comments, helps jump start my idle brain. Perhaps in time blogging will be suggested along with sudoko, crosswords & other brain food exercises as an effective passtime to ward off the dreaded short term memory problems associated with old age. I think there are more sophisticated methods available which involve electronic hand held devices which I am afraid are a complete mystery to me.
Don't get me wrong, I am not a plagiarist, I find absorbing the plethora of language, ideas & links to information I would not otherwise be privy to, empowering. Seeing that others who have blogged much longer than I, are bold & willingly discuss a myriad of emotions, some raw and ragged, some so brutally honest, seems to give me permission to let my fingers do the talking, tapping my thoughts quietly on the keyboard and realising I can do it to.
I'd like to shake some bloggers hands, to thank them. (This would have to be done very gently indeed as my hands are particularly prone to dislocation so it is not a weakness of character that means my handshake is somewhat limp). My virtual handshake I think is better. Imagine this, you reach out and find a reassuring clasp, not clammy at all, the perfect temperature, conveying better than any words could my exact intent. To thank, with respect, not the handshake of a collagen deficient, genetically challenged zebra at all.
This morning I had an EDS fallout - I have spoken of this previously and experiencing pain that is intolerable within moments of waking, negates the sleep. It means that the sleep which is supposed to refresh & renew is not restorative. Some with EDS are prescribed low dose amitriptyline, an old fashioned anti-depressant which prescribed in low doses for those with chronic pain may make sleep restorative. Well not me, without meaning to sound embittered, I am one of those people who cannot tolerate this medication. Its efficacy is nought when the side effect of raging palpitations and more mean its a little dangerous for me. (I have also tried as an alternative dothiepin which has pretty much the same effect) I am intolerant for a myriad of reasons to many medications, if there is a side effect to be had on the list of rare or occassionally 1 in 2000 people may get x,y,z as a by product of a drug. I am that 1 in 20000. I deliberately don't read the blurb of side effects included in the box in case its an auto suggestive response! My gp prescribes with trepidation any new med on a very very low dose and we ensure I am not left alone! Anyway I digress.....
Due to multiple dislocations in sleep and the subsequent agony on waking, is probably why I am awake now, afraid to sleep, perhaps because it is better to stay awake than wake in utter mind blowing agony.
Enough of all that though, its time I think I talked about the weather....
Its making me a tad annoyed now -
Because... it is affecting people I care about.
(See my blog list) BG from blog - benefitscroungingscum - Alice from i'm confused
the pig man - our friend - because free range pigs need x gallons of water a day and he is having to do all this by hand. He is exhausted. His wife is worried for his health.
To our neighbour who has just come out of hospital and had to be brought home by army services which was a very uncomfortable experience for him.
My husband, whose 4x4 has become a local multi purpose vehicle - a free social service. This means he is also very tired. Being a good samaritan is tiring. He is literally running around like a madman, people need people right now to get 'stuff' they cannot get. From dawn til' dusk he is towing, shoveling snow and carrying heavy buckets of stream water to animals, owners cannot get to. He reckons its a good job his muscles are strong (particularly core stablising ones) as they are doing the job of holding him together.
There is more but my guess is you get my drift.
Oh and me to be honest. Much as I love my husband, apart from him and the children (if you are a regular reader you will know they are not by definition children anymore but they do still live in my house) are the only people I have had a conversation with. So if my blogging is getting a little peculiar, please bear with me. The walls are closing in.
As a child growing up in the country, snow was a time for long walks, frozen toes in
In my day, socks were socks, pj's just that, duvet covers etc.... I was a mean mother and would not have anything to do with any of this. If my children refused to wear anything but Disneyfied logo'd clothes, just as an example nightwear then I would have given them a lecture regardless of their youth and innocence on the downfall of society because of the commercialisation of clothes. That the only people that benefited were bla bla bla bla.... and they were the victim. I probably emotionally scarred them for life depriving them of branded clothes because of a principle.
Anyway back on subject... wellies - I am cross because I need wellies to get from the front door to the car and having size one and half feet am finding it nigh on impossible to find a pair that haven't got a logo on which means I must be a fan of a cartoons by default. Being 45 now I would just look stupid in these. I do quite like the cheerful ones with flowers on though but must simply look on in envy at the trendy forty something wearing these. BUT my stupid feet are too small for grown up trendy wellies. (edited to add I think I have found some child wellies that are ok online!)


Bearing in mind I cannot venture out alone in these conditions without the strong arm of other half bearing my weight as I cannot walk on ice, my unstable ankles, my knees, my hips ....... cannot find any centre of gravity for balance and I am a liability. I am sure my husband didn't sign up for this. A cripple for a wife. So in my minds eye, the reason I cannot venture out is a conscious fashion decision, I will not be seen dead in stupid wellies. So there. (I did have wellies, green ones, but they were in the shed and now they are not, I think a neighbours child borrowed them some time ago, moved and now no doubt they have been passed on.
So moving on all I really want to do is climb to the top of Telegraph Hill with my sledge and scream with glee on the downward run, exhiliration topping up my serotonim levels. Perhaps one day I will have the funds to have one of these - I WANT the Extreme X8 !!!
In other posts I have written about my denial (along with family members) regarding wheelchair use. Given my spouse's man love of Top Gear,
So after a long and rambling post. I leave today with fond memories of childhood winter walks fresh in my mind. More words spring to mind..... freedom, mobility, carefree, nature, fresh deer tracks in the snow, sucking icicles imagining lollies made with fresh crushed strawberries. Jack Frost really did exist. Laughter.....







5 comments:
You snow looks lovely, but I understand entirely if you just want it all to melt right now! I would too after as many days with snow as you.
I won't mind if you get a little peculiar.
Thank you Veronica you are far too polite¬ 'get' a little peculiar, I think should read 'I don't mind that you are a little peculiar' teehee.
Hoping you are not too hot - extreme heat can be just as hectic as the cold!
Fond Regards and thinking of you.
after a tense and emotional day i really needed to read your post. wellies what would we do without them! i associate them with spiders. we would store our wellies as kids, in the back of a dark cupboard (along with my school satchel, which also housed a spider urgh) and when we got round to use them spiders galore!!! i dont know wellies. and your itsy bitsy shoe size, thats so sweet, yet im sure its quite annoying not finding shoes to fit.
i really hope your pain eases soon, the weather is a nuisance, im pretty sure its on the way out, fingers crossed, or not!xxx
You're so poetic. It took me a little while and cutsie apple rainboot pictures to realize that wellies are rubber boots! For a moment there I was lost in your poeticism and flowing through country side and snow and so very much enjoying the ride, and then I realized how far apart we are. Did it bother me? Not a bit. If anything, it really has brought a sense of peace and contentment and longing for the way "things used to be". I may be of a different generation, but technically I grew up similar to your kids. No disney logos, no princesses and video games... Just the East Coast of the US with warm white sand and sunsets. Walks with "locals" on the waterfront. Nostalgia. I miss nostalgia. Thank you for bringing me out of this concrete jungle in Dallas and back to the nostalgia I miss so much.
Oh, and I have the same affects from Elavil, can't stand the stuff.
Happy Nostalgia.
Thank you Trish and Alice. I just popped in here and read your lovely comments. Must remember that with coloquisms (sp) those in the US may have no idea what I am talking about!
Can't write much today or at least til tonight as had a moment of madness and took a double dose of oramorph! Cannot stay awake but don't need medical attention.
IT IS SNOWING AGAIN
Post a Comment